TENS unit

Discussion in 'Penis Enlargement Forum' started by romanemp, Apr 14, 2005.

1. romanemp

romanemp New Member

Has anyone ever used a tens unit (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) to relax the ligs before and after stretching?
  2. 10

10 <font color="#0066B8">Administrator</font>

Never heard of such a thing.

3. romanemp

romanemp New Member

"What is TENS?
    Your doctor or physiotherapist may have recommended a TENS machine for your pain.

TENS is battery-powered unit which sends electrical impulses through electrodes placed on or near the painful site. This causes a tingling sensation that reduces pain, even pain that hasn't responded to other treatments. Usually though, TENS is used with other treatments prescribed by your doctor, and may help reduce the amount of pain killers required.

One theory on how TENS works is that it blocks pain in the spinal cord. Another is that stimulation with TENS causes natural pain relieving substances to be released, thereby reducing pain."

It also relaxes tight muscles, much like a massage does.
  4. jaeldi

jaeldi New Member

TENS sounds a lot like what my chiropractor's office calls muscle stim (stimulation). Small electrical current applied to a muscle. The current actually makes the muscle contract and then release. The release happens when the current stops. Doing this 5 - 10 minutes really helps relax the muscles in my lower back.
    I don't know if it would actually work on connective tissues (ligaments). Ligaments stretch and hold muscle to bone but don't do the "electro/biochemical" work when it comes to the contraction; so who knows.

I have a chiropractor appoinment today; I'll try and remember to ask him what the effect on ligaments alone would be.

Instinct tells me to advise caution in the genital area! There's more nerve endings there than any where else except your hands. Don't want to short anything out! ha ha

I have a female friend that's paralyzed from the waist down that burned her legs really bad using one of those devices on her legs trying to build muscle tone. Of course she couldn't feel the burning sensation which only made it worse.

I remember hearing the urban myth that Bruce Lee used it on his muscles all over so that he would be working out even when resting. Some conspiracy people think over use is what lead to his death. But like I said, that's urban myth so I'll stop there. I'll post here tomorrow what the chiropractor told me.
  5. Jelqintothe80s

Jelqintothe80s New Member

Tens

Roman,
    No, TENS has no effect on Ligaments "relaxing". It does not function in anyway to relax physiologic/connective structures of ligaments.

TENS is for chronic pain, used for decreasing pain through the gait theory, and endorphin release.

Jael,

There are numerous types of Electrical stim, your chiro is only using one particular setting. I would be interested to hear what your chiro says in response to your question. I personally dont believe they are even trained properly to understand and use for them with different settings. Any monkey and put pads on you and turn a machine on, it takes understanding of why you use it to chose the proper current/wavelength/frequency.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2005