Testical Development

Discussion in 'Penis Enlargement Forum' started by want8, Apr 27, 2006.

1. want8

want8 <font color="#0066B8">Retired Moderator</font>

Well guys, I have a question on a more personal note. My son who is 14 went for an annual check up Tuesday and the Doctor said his testical size was smaller than it should be at his age. The penis size is average or even above average, but the testical's are not growing at the correct pace. He wanted to talk to a Doctor friend of his and get back with us. Well, the next day he contacts us and says I want to get your son to a Endocrinologist and am going to try to set this up for Friday. The nurse calls and says this is not going to be possible, we are booked completely through June. But, the doctor calls back and says, no, I have it set up now. You need to be there at 2:00 Friday. This concerns me. It seems they are rushing him in for some reason. I know Uber and Dogg probably have some useful information about this. Any info is appreciated.
  2. 10

10 <font color="#0066B8">Administrator</font>

I can't help as I'm not good with that stuff but keep us posted as to what the doc says.

3. Überschwanz

Überschwanz banned

Endocrinology isn't normally part of emergency medicine. I think that the doctor just wants it done sooner rather than later. It doesn't make sense that the nurse says they are booked through June. Honestly, that sounds fucking rediculous. Maybe your doctor knows that this place doesn't operate with the most competent people and is trying to save you some trouble by muscling an appointment in. I wouldn't worry though.
  4. want8

Thanks Uber! The thing that really concerns me is there hasn't been a dificiency in testical development in my family nor hers. And the doctor Tuesday said, there must be a hormone deficiency which is triggered to be produced by the brain, some vien in the brain, (can't remember the name). And his spine has the shape of an "S". Now keep in mind, he is 14 but he is 6'3" tall. Hell, I don't see how his body can produce enough of anything to keep up with his growth! Not sure about the spine either. The doctor didn't seem as concerned about the spine as he was the testical's.
  5. 10

Holy shit, he's only 14 and 6'3''????? Damn! You've got a big kid there want8! Shit, he's taller than me and I'm 35!!! LOL

He'll be fine want8. Isn't an "S" shape to the spine a sign of scoliosis??
  6. want8

Yeah, he is a big boy! The funny thing is, i'm 5'9" and mom is 5'4"! I told her, I didn't remember having a milk man or anything! LOL And yes, the doctor did mention scoliosis, but wasn't sure if this was what the diagnosis would be. Guess we will find out tomorrow.
  7. 10

Well, keep us posted!
  8. Überschwanz

Überschwanz banned

I have to admit that I would be curious if your son possibly had a chromosomal disorder. These aren't always inherited and frequently occur because of nondisjunction during cell division. The fact that he's only 14 and 6'3" is surprising in addition to the fact that he may have a problem with his spine. Boys with an extra Y chromosome are frequently taller than most boys their age and sometimes have skeletal abnormalities. The only way to diagnose it would be to get him a karyotype to count his chromosomes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XYY_syndrome
  9. slimthug

slimthug New Member

i was at least 6'0'' when i was 14, probably taller, i dont remember..it's not a bad thing..
  10. Überschwanz

Überschwanz banned

Yeah, but the point is that it's rare for a 14-year-old to be that tall. Always ask questions.
  11. Nuclear

Nuclear New Member

Want8,

When I was around that age I was taken to an endocrinologist and was told that my testicle size was below that of someone for my age (I think i was 13 at the time). I don't think I was over 6 feet tall at that time, but I'm currently 6'3. I don't remember ever going for a second visit, though, so I'm guessing it was just a fluke of sorts and my body kicked into gear soon after.

I'd imagine that any sense of urgency is because development during puberty is vital to a male or female's health (especially sexual health) after puberty. Underdeveloped testicle size may lead to lowered (or no) sperm count, and therefore the issue would become one of adjusting your son's hormonal level so that he develops in a manner that would avoid sterility later in life.

I'm not an expert though, so please don't quote me on this. My knowledge of sexual development is somewhat limited. Good luck, and keep us posted, please.
  12. want8

Thanks guys. And Nuclear, actually this is what the doctor told us. He said the problem needed to be addressed now while he is going through puberty to avoid possible sterility later on which is my main concern. Thanks guys for the responses.
  13. want8

Well, Uber you were almost on the money! A woman has 2 X chromosomes, a guy has 1 X and 1 Y. In his case, he has 2 X's and 1 Y. This is what is known as Klinefelter Syndrome. They took blood test's which we are still awaiting the results so I guess we will find out for sure. But the doctor is 99.9% certain this is what he has. The sad part about this is, he will never be able to produce his own children, according to the doctor. Because he has this condition, his body is not producing enough Testosterone, therefore he will more than likely have to take treatments. We are still waiting to find out the diagnosis on the spine abnormality. I will keep you all posted.
    Last edited: May 4, 2006
  14. Nuclear

Nuclear New Member

Want8,

I'm sorry to hear this news. My best wishes go to you and your son.
  15. Überschwanz

Überschwanz banned

I'm sorry to hear that want8. Have they done the karyotype yet? If not, how can the doctor be so sure? The symptoms aren't really obvious.
  16. want8

Thanks for the comments guys. Uber, they did some blood work when we were there and we are waiting for the results. Supposed to go back on the 23rd to find out for sure. I will keep you posted.
  17. want8

Just an update! The blood work did verify he has Klinefelter Syndrome. He in every way is normal, but want be able to produce children. His penis is actually larger than normal for his age, but his testicles are small and somewhat hard, almost like a big marble. We have hadto start giving him Testosterone treatments through injection, once every 10 days, until his levels are normal. After we get the levels in tact, the doctor says he may be able to wear a patch or do some other form of treatment as opposed to shots, which he hates! Anyway, thanks for all the great comments and support and I will keep you all posted.
  18. wilfred123456

wilfred123456 New Member

so he wont ever be able to have children? or will the treatment definitly work?
  19. MoP

MoP New Member

Godspeed Want8. I have just a couple of questions if you don't mind. How is your son taking all of this? Also, does he have alopecia or other hair ailment? Wishing you all my best.
  20. want8

He won't be able to have children. The treatments are for his testosterone levels to become balanced for growth purposes and bodily functions.